Monday, May 3, 2010

Let me introduce you to.....


This is Miss Maude.

Let me introduce you.

Miss Maude is a House Mouse, and a very hard-working house mouse at that!
She won't be seen without her pearls, and likes to wear a pretty apron as she finds it always serves to brighten up her mousey-brown colourings :) (and makes her look good in the kitchen!)


Miss Maude the House Mouse is a mystery
block of the month project.


I haven't been working on a quilt for a few months now and have been looking for a new project. Seeing I enjoy a little embroidery I decided I wanted to work on something that included some. However, seeing I am also in the final 5 weeks of my degree, and the work load will increase dramatically I decided I would make a wall warmer (aka a wall hanging).

I decided to design my own, and it will come to you over the next few months. It will include 6 different stitcheries of Miss Maude and a layout to put all your blocks together to make your wall warmer.


I have decided that if you would like to take a mystical magical mousey ride with me, the patterns will be available through my Etsy store, (see Etsy link on the side bar or click here).

Each Miss Maude kit with include a piece of calico or quilters muslin, a piece of Pellon, the instructions and the Miss Maude pattern, plus a little something extra with each different pattern.

You can choose to follow me, and make a wall warmer, or you can retreat to your very own mouse hole and do you very own thing. Whether you follow me, and your project is a complete surprise, or do your own thing, your finished project will be unique to you. It will be a great way to use up scraps from your recent projects or from your stash.

I will give you all the basics to start, and any help you need along the way.


Miss Maude takes time to smell the flowers - Block 1

Block 1 will be available later today.

Carole :)

These patterns are designed by the team at Madness and Mess
for your enjoyment. :)
Please respect our copyright


10 comments:

Deb said...

Carole, Miss Maude is adorable. I've never done the colouring bit though, how easy is it. She is so cute and would sound like she'd make a beautiful cot quilt.
hugs Deb

Debby said...

I love Miss Maude, how sweet.
debby

Caterina Giglio said...

Maud is adorable, love the pearls!

Linda Jo said...

She's sooooooooo adorable! I do love her.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

You clever thing you!
Miss Maude is darling in her pink apron! Such a fun idea!
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Very sweet--looking forward to see what else you come up with!

Cobi said...

owww I love that cute mouse.

Unknown said...

I'm with Ms. La Dolce-- I love the Pearls!

Where do you find the time to be designing and assembling kits?

Debrina said...

Hi Carole - Maude is so cute! Wow, and you invented her too? I can see a book in the making...

Jen xo said...

shes very cute and such neat coloring in ...lol