Sunday, September 22, 2013

An art quilt comes together

I've been working on a wall hanging as a class sample for Quilt Symposium 2015.
It's coming together nicely. I challenged myself to make something mostly using calico. You remember that calico that I dyed? Well it has made up the background of the hanging. I'm thinking that the cost to make this wall hanging will be minimal and students will be able to bust out their stashes to complete it.
The wall hanging will be in my usual style, there will be lots of layers, lots of frayed material, and the best part will be that it doesn't matter if you can't get it perfect.
My classes are all about having fun. That's one of the most important requirements when designing a class.
This class will also have a lot of free motion stitching, are you surprised?
If you are a complete beginner you'll be able to make this art quilt. If you've never dropped your feed dogs to sew, you'll be able to make this art quilt.
Are you surprised to see some wee yoyo's tucked up in there too? And there will be some hand stitching, just to embellish :)
Hopefully it will be finished soon and I can show you it all finished!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!
Carole




10 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Lovely..excited to see the grand finale.

Yitte said...

This looks so promissing must be a great quilt. Maybe a great online class?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Can't wait to see it - the little enticements sure look intriguing!

jacaranda said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece. The colours of the yo yo's remind me of fuchsias I have in a hanging pot.

Linda Jo said...

It looks wonderful! I think I would take this class... and I quit taking quilting classes years ago....... but this looks so fun! I love the free spiritedness of it.

Jen xo said...

oh it looks beautiful, Im dying to see it finished :)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness....how absolutely scrumptious this looks! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Raewyn said...

How exciting to be teaching at Symposium again - your class sample sounds liek so much fun!!!

Tatkis said...

Wonderful details (I love yoyos :) )

Hugs,
Tatyana

Hope Amen said...

Hi Carole, your class looks wonderful! I wish I didn't live half way around the world. Would you consider doing this as an online class? That would be awesome! xo