Saturday, October 26, 2013

sidetracked by fabric...like that's never happened before!

I had a couple of days off and I decided to work on one of my unfinished projects.
I had all the pieces cut, so just had to put them together, trim each block to size and sew the blocks together. I decided to work outside my comfort zone with this quilt top, using bright pinks and greens and brown.
 The pattern is a store bought one and quite contemporary for me. It was lots of fun to lay the blocks out ready for stitching together, and at the end of the day it was all put together. It doesn't have a sashing, but I've got a few scraps of fabric left so I'm going to add one using the scraps.
Of course I should have been working on the next class sample for 2015 Symposium, but I've made a start, and it's looking very exciting so far...
I'll keep you posted!
Have a great day - Carole x

5 comments:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Loving that colour combo :-)

Jen xo said...

the colors are wonderful.....they look like little Christmas presents :)

Suztats said...

It's an unusual colour combo for me, but it works! Looks great!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Not colours I would normally use either, but they do look good. Must admit I'm curious about what the final picture is going to become.

DIAN said...

lovely bright colours.