Thursday, August 25, 2011

You know how I love textile markets, well.....


...well this is my latest find. 
Amazing, a woman at the Frabric-abrac market last weekend was selling two very large bags of hexs! 
Each bag was packed full of hexs, and although I'm not sure about some of the colours, 
some of the fabrics were very old and quite pretty.



I certainly think the hexs with the paper backings were really interesting compared to the ones with plain card.
It was really interesting to go through them and read what was on them.



When I got home and tipped out the hexs, this chocolate box was tucked in the bottom and it is full of templates. Hundred's of them, how exciting :)



And then I found a tin full of crochet cottons and hooks. 
What more could a girl want?



Had any interesting finds lately?

Carole:)

12 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Textile markets? Oh how I wish!! You certainly lucked out.

Jennifer said...

That is certainly an interesting find! How come I never find finds like that?

Robin said...

Great finds!!

Hugs,
Robin

By Hoki Quilts said...

Wow, what awesome luck - good on you.
hugs - Miche'le

Blossom inch said...

those are great finds and your are absolutely lucky!

Marigold Jam said...

Lucky you!

Jen xo said...

wow !! how lucky was that ?!!!

Unknown said...

What a wicked find Carole. Was that in Wellington or PN. I went to one down here last year but haven't seen it advertised??

Annette said...

Lol, when I saw that photo of the hex's I thought, oh someone's stolen the bag of hex's I got from my mother-in-law!! I'd swear there are the same fabrics in there.. obviously from the same era. I've not finished putting them together, but your find might be the inspiration I need... well spotted..
hugs

Linda Jo said...

What a great find! What's up with you and hexes these days? I'm gonna put a spell on you.....

Annie Rose Quilts said...

Jackpot!!! The thought of textile markets is fascinating. Never heard of them in these parts. (UK) A neighbour once brought me a box of 'crafty things' from her mother-in-law's who had passed away. That was fun digging through - though a bit eerie.

Maggie R said...

Carole.... What luck... Those Hexagons are making me jealous....VBG
and the crochet cotton and hooks...Lucky find....
Now how you will use them will be interesting.... You go girl....
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Mahhie