Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Balloons


As it happens it's 'Lift off Levin' this weekend. Ballooners from all round the country flock to Levin for a long weekend of ballooning. Flying or watching. Thought I'd share a few pics with you. We didn't go out to see them, these balloons flew over our property. 


You couldn't see them, but you could hear them, hissing,
hear the sound of the gas as it was turned on and off, so we knew there was a balloon somewhere above us.


We would have had a better view if we didn't have so many large trees all around us.
But we sat outside for ages watching them all float by.
Very pretty.


Sorry the photos aren't too good,  I don't think I'd had breakfast or a cuppa yet!


Then they disappeared off south of us.

They were flying over three days, but today it's raining, so I guess they'll have a day of telling stories and catching up on the ground. 
They were lovely!

Mustn't forget, the day 6 fat quarter winner was picked from the comments left and guess whose name got picked out this time? 

There are 2 fat quarters left, let me know which one you'd like with your address and I'll get it to you.

the dusty pink in the front is still available
and the brown with the daisies
So I will give away the last fat quarter with this post. 
Hope you've all had a lovely Easter!

Carole x

4 comments:

Lesley UK said...

Happy easter to you and your family. Blessings

Unknown said...

Happy Easter. Oooh I so love balloons - we get them over our home during the summer - and where I lived before right near a glider and balloon club, they used to be a regular occassion and always filled me with awe

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - I was so much enjoying looking at the pretty balloons and thinking that I would NEVER go up in one (they scare the daylights out of me) and THEN I saw that I am a lucky winner!!! Thank you SO much!!! And now I have to pick one....I guess it will have to be the pink but honestly I like them both!!

Charlotte Scott said...

Giant Easter eggs in the sky!!