Sunday, April 12, 2009

A couple of quilts I drooled over yesterday

Yesterday DH took me on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Wellington, so I could have a look around some of the tutors quilts that were displayed and a look through the two merchants malls, (while he went off to enjoy coffee with our daughter).
The workmanship and the ideas were really inspiring, and I left the tutors display very enthused. There were 2 more large exhibitions of quilts in Wellington to, but I didn't have time to get to those.
These are just a couple of snippets of some of the tutors work.





I also bought a few fat quarters of fabric, which you will probably see later and had a jolly time looking over everyone's shops.
In the mean time I hope you aren't eating too many Easter eggs? (my favs are the marshmellow ones covered in chocolate!! mmmmm)

Carole ;D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

No wonder you left inspired , lovely . Happy Easter.

Cat Stegall said...

your blog is so very inspiring,New Zealand seems like a wonderful place to live!I may have to take an adventure your way someday!Thanks for the stories they are delightful.Cathee (I live on Hilton Head Island off the coast of SC..USA.)

Linda Jo said...

I REALLLY love the bird one... and love the upside down block in it (that non-perfect thing). Love the edges!

Nona said...

D'oh!! You didn't give me a ring!! I'd have gone to the quilt shows with you!!

Cheers
Nona

Judy Alexander said...

These are great quilts! I really like the 3ard one down.....I love trees.

Anneke said...

what a beautiful quilts and other artwork have you here on your blog.
and what a beautiful photos from your country

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

such a feast for the eyes, the mouse under the red toadstools is so sweet, very nice pics Carole!