Sunday, July 29, 2012

don't do as I do!

Just thought I'd pop in and tell you all not to do as I do, or I should say did. I was using some white PVA glue. When I was finished I thought I'd wash my brush, so I put some water in this jar and left my brush sitting in it.
However, I forgot completely about it and in due course the water evaporated and I was left with just glue in the bottom of the jar. Now I have a totally useless brush! So don't do as I did!


What cautionary tales can you share, and do you have any helpful tips from your art room?
Look forward to hearing them.
Carole x



4 comments:

The Rose Room said...

Not really cos that is exactly the kind of thing I would do, have done! Rachael xo

Nathalie Thompson said...

Can't you still soak the brush and clean it? I didn't think PVA was permanent after it dried.

Even after I clean a glue brush it's a crispy. Oh well! Fortunately I don't worry about things like that. ha!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Too late - already done it! I haven't been a good custodian of my brushes and recently thought I might buy a couple of new ones. THEN I saw the price and promptly rethought that plan. Wow...it's obviously been awhile since I've had to replace any.

Marva said...


Don't throw that away! You can use it in assemblages! "D