Sunday, July 28, 2013

As Symposium nears the end....

This lovely sunset was taken from my room, I could sit and look at this view all day, but I usually collapsed on my bed when I got back to my room! lol
The last morning of Symposium was my embellishment class where the girls were embellishing themselves. I planned to have the last day of classes a fun easy going relaxed class as I thought everyone might be tired and weary. As it worked out I was right and the girls were happy to have a relaxed class that they didn't need to stress over.
More dyeing although the sun wasn't much help.
More fabric spread over surfaces! Lovely!
This may look like a harmless wall of the school building, but my class was right next to it, and if your eyesight is good you'll be able to see that the little sign on the left says, 'Merchant Mall'. What it should say is: Danger: KEEP OUT!
Some of my students work....
 Amazing eh? Don't you just love it all!
And that was the end of the what was the best experience ever!
Carole x





10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well *I'm* INSPIRED! That choker is a clever piece using your "embellishments". Lovely work by everyone!

Unknown said...

Wow what fantastic dying and embellishments - all so original

You must feel very proud and satisfied of a 'job' well done knowing that all your 'students' will have so much to take home with them, and will have made new friends and will cherish the experience forever.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You had a great time, and I'm willing to bet your students were very happy campers.

Jennifer said...

Amazing indeed, and I do love it all!

Raewyn said...

I have enjoyed reading your, and others, accounts of Symposium. It sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. Your classes look fabulous! Well done :-)

Cait said...

Looks like an amazingly stimulating and inspiring few days. Sounds like you read the moods really well - creative through to relaxing! cheers xo

~*~Patty S said...

What a view!
and what a great creative time led by you their fearless leader/teacher!

I never get enough of altered cutlery either!
oxo
third try to get past the verification gauntlet OY hope this one goes cause it's time for a cuppa coffee here LOL

Julie said...

Beautiful work by your talented students!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Such gorgeous work

Linda Jo said...

I love all your students' work!!! It all must've been amazing. And that sunset had to be incredible!