Monday, December 15, 2008

First taste of summer!

Another little coin purse!

Yesterday we went for a drive out to Himitangi Beach, approximately 30 minutes drive from home on the west coast. I can't remember ever visiting this beach before.
The weather was fabulous, and everyone else had the same idea. There were cars parked along the sand, and kids on 4-wheeler bikes and not-so-little kids on motorbikes blatting along the beach.

The surf life saving patrols were on duty, and had their flags up. Then a couple of life savers took their boat out for a spin.

Some people were swimming, and some were fishing. Although I thought the water felt warm, I wasn't game enough to immerse my whole body under water!!

But it did feel really lovely, and I look forward to my next visit!

Carole ;)

2 comments:

Nadya said...

this adventure looks like it was a lot of fun - & I envy your warmer weather & water!! SNOWY & cold here! We usu. don't get snow till Jan or Feb, so kids, of course, are in heaven! & adults - hoping we don't have to go out in it too much! Love to LOOK at it :)
tanks for dropping by my blog! Love seeing your little purses

have a lovely rest of your week

Laura Kay said...

Oh the beach sounds good right now. It is cold and rainy here. I wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and nominated you for an award. Come to my blog and see.