Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A RAK and a touch of madness!


This lovely wee ATC arrived in the mail a couple of days ago. It is from Amelia in Wellington. I don't think I have ever met Amelia, but she was sending some of her collection of ATC's to new homes! I have never been a yellow person, but I really love this, it's so bright!
I don't know anything about you Amelia, but if you are reading this, thank you, I had a lovely surprise!

The other day after taking all the pics of the cobwebs on the grass, I decided to explore in depth what was laying around the house, which probably wasn't a good idea, but I was looking to see the obvious that I wouldn't normally see.

I found this.
Now the only reason I can photograph so closely is that it's dead! I do not like these wetas, they have a habit of jumping too! They aren't really that bad, but they just look too darn mean for me! lol (don't panic, I think they are only found in NZ)



Then there was this, which belongs - should say, it belonged to a sparrow.


And to top it all off, 2 of these. Bet you don't need many guesses to figure out how these may of got here!


I don't mind them catching mice and rats and rabbits, but this morning there was a pile of lovely yellow feathers and 2 more little legs, poor things. Very tragic.

May be I could run a "Cat Avoidance 101" class for the birds round here! hahaha

Don't they look like a darling pair of angels?

Oh well.....
Carole ;)

5 comments:

Purple Missus said...

How could your fluffy bundles possibly have anything at all to do with those bird parts??? :)

Isn't it funny how sometimes we're not too keen on particular colours and yet when they've been put together by someone else they hold a certain appeal. A nice sunshiny piece.

Linda Jo said...

I love bird parts! Sometimes you have to just "make do". I also like that strangers have your mailing address...?

Debbi Baker said...

Nice ATC! There are always interesting photos on your blog! Love those spidery grasses a few posts back!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

What a sweet RAK, surprises are always nice, especially of the art and nature parts too ;)
from the looks of your curled up kitties (too cute) you can tell it must be cooling down in your neck of the woods!

Unknown said...

I'm not a yellow person either, but that IS a lovely ATC. Clever use of yarn!

Your "weta" is what we call grasshoppers or locusts. Black ones are crickets. Both like to seranade us with their chirping (rubbing back legs together).

So what do you do with your spare bird parts? Shall we see a summmer hat embellished with sparrow's wings? ;)