Monday, January 18, 2010

my weekend

Last Thursday I drove up to Auckland to attend a class tutored by Lesley Riley. You may be familiar with her TAP (transfer artist paper). She was visiting from America and in Auckland to take 4 classes. I traveled over 1200kms to take her class, (not to mention fees). My class was a book making class.

The weather was incredible the whole 4 days I was away. Beautiful blue skies, searing temps, 26, 30, and 27 degrees Celsius.
I didn't take many summer clothes, we are still having winter in Palmerston North (haha). I did take a rain coat - I really needed togs!

Here are some of the highlights from my weekend....

beautiful panoramas


my "How to grow wings" book making class


getting to spend a day with Lesley


walks in the warm evenings along the beach with my sister


a swim in the early morning in a borrowed swimsuit


discovering a treasure

Carole :)

12 comments:

Diana said...

Fabulous pictures Carole and I'm so envious of your being able to take a class with Lesley Riley! Do tell us more about it!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

some really great photos there,....hope you enjoyed the class

Unknown said...

Swimming.. grrr. I think Wellington has skipped summer although today was gorgeous ... I think it was a dream!

can't wait to see what you did at the class.

Doreen G said...

Lucky you Carole but I suppose you had to hock the house to pay the fees.
What are we doing next month-has a decision been made?

Linda Jo said...

Beautiful pictures.... what a great time away you must've had!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Beautiful Carole! Your homeland is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you created and learned with Leslie!
oxo

BadPenny said...

how lovely to go to the class & spend time with your sister.

I get little treasures like that every day now and am thrilled every time !

Anonymous said...

You are a great photographer, wonderful pics. Glad you enjoyed the class, would love to see what you made. Jenni S.

Jen xo said...

oh you lucky thing.. i would love to do a class with lesley.

the weather, the beach and the views were the icing on the cake....jenxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful panaramas is an under statement! Can't wait to see your book from your class.

Margaret said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend away, I'm looking forward to see what you created!

Julie said...

Stunning photographs Carole. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your class.