Friday, January 21, 2011

Spot the odd one out!


Before Christmas the girls and I decided to do a Christmas decoration swap. 
The decorations were to be made from junk.
Hence the name "The Junkle Swap"

There was only one small problem.
There was no way I was going to get mine finished before Christmas!

Here they are. Spot the odd man out....
This one was made by Patty and has a delicate vintage glass bird.
How it made it all the way to NZ without breaking I will never know!


This one above was cleverly crafted by Margaret


Ummmm, and here's my little effort looking very unchristmasy!


And this little jewel above was made by Nathalie, another junkle that made it without breakages 


And finally here's Linda's junkle made using a jelly mold.



Mine were kind of turned into "any-time-of-the-year" decorations!


Well, do you think mine looked too much out of place?
Oh well, still they were made out of an odd assortment of scraps and "junk" and 
were loads of fun to make.
What do you think?

Carole :)

p.s. you can find links to Linda's, Nathalie's, Margaret's and Patty's blogs under the QB5 links!

12 comments:

Mari said...

Такие интересные вещи Вы делаете!!!

Numinosity said...

But I love yours! I feel like my stuff is the odd one out in some of these challenges or swaps too.
I agree that they're anytime ornaments.
Don't let go of your originality! The bundles grabbed me immediately.

xoxo Kim

Linda Jo said...

I like that mine appears twice. rofl And it IS junk....who uses a jelly mold anymore? (or a tart pan) I mean realllllllly. And that center piece is normally a glass pebble, you guys just got an upgrade. And shredded paper IS junk. Why am I defending this? ha But I love your's.....you can send me anything you make and I will be happy!

Anonymous said...

I think they are all great fun and wonderful. Your bundles are intriquing and make me want to investigate further. Nice group of friends you have to play with. xox Corrine

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Beautiful! And I think you all, are sooooooooo creative!

Hugs & ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Jen xo said...

aww they all look wonderful !! my junk doesnt look half as good as all yours.. and i love that yours is different and so very you !!

~*~Patty S said...

OK at the risk of sounding....dumb :)
until I saw your photo of your junkle I did not know it was meant to completely unfurl!!! I thought it was a bit of a shame the old spool did not show more as you had tied the green check ribbon around it and I thought that was as far as it went LOL....there is SO much more to enjoy that I was missing...I liked it before, but I must say I adore it now!!!

All of the junkles are so very special to me! No odd WOman out as far as I can see...

oxo
~*~ Patty a bit thick headed in Virginia...I see clearly now :)

Dogwood said...

I love "anytime" things that can stay out all year and not put away in boxes in the garage for eleven months out of the year!

Yours are lovelies!

Hugs, Cory/Dogwood

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I think that they are all fantastic!

Margaret said...

Well, junk is junk whether it's paper, fabric or otherwise! and mine IS junk! (just call me Linda ha!). Mine was made from a much loved bracelet that fell to pieces, the top of an old Xmas bauble, and beads and ribbon from my stash.
I love your anytime ornie, don't do it down! it's already inspiring something on this side of the pond, just wait and see...

Unknown said...

Oh you have a lovely blog....I am a quilter trying to break free from traditional to art and also have done some crazyquilting, which I love, but your site is a wonderful inspiration and I have become a follower, thank you.

BadPenny said...

lovely lovely lovely ...all of them delightful