Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm back!

Well friends, I finally got my assignment finished and handed in. What a relief! However there are 2 more looming...

I have given myself the weekend off. Boy it's cold outside, the fire is glowing and flickering radiating a lovely deep penetrating heat.

Well I had a few emails from you all wanting to see my version of the Amy Butler skirt. When I hung it up to take a pic, I thought it looked rather large, (must take these rose tinted glasses off more often!! lol)
Here it is. It has 4 layers with frayed edges. It fits lovely and I love it. I will certainly use this pattern again, but then I think you'd have to at $30. I didn't use her fabric to make this with, this was some I've had stashed away for a couple of years. The next skirt I make I will finish all the edges neatly, just to make it look different.
Well, was the wait worth it??
Here are a couple of recent finds....
a couple of lovely handmade doilies.....





a few very old silver teaspoons.....


and this last pic was taken of the moon tonight, just rising over the hills
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow, until then
keep safe,
Carole :)

4 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

oooo that moon picture looks fantastic AND those spoons they already look altered = great find

the embroidery is so colorful and delicate, is that the bullion stitch on the little daisies, wow!

your skirt looks great, you are a talented lass ;)

Anneke said...

wow, what a lovely work carole.
the embroidery is beautiful.
have a nice weekend

Linda Jo said...

I do love the skirt. I like the unfinishedness of it..... love the other stuff, too.. especially the moon. It's in the 90's here in Texas!

Julz said...

gorgeous skirt; and great thrift finds :) Hugs Jx