Friday, October 24, 2008

a little bit of this and that

Well yesterday was my birthday, and in keeping with the madness and mess tradition it started at 4.30 in the morning. I left the window open last night and of course the cats, who normally spend the night outside, had free run of the house. Wednesday will jump onto the bed curl up somewhere and spend a few comfortable hours sleeping. Buddy on the other hand thinks bed is a fun place to jump, dig, ANNOY! So at 4.30 am I decided he was going out! I turned on the light in the living room to find the floor covered! There were pieces of paper, old biscuit wrappers covered in dirt, an old tissue, and a large pile of sticks and leaves!! TOO MUCH! If I didn't know any different I would think Wednesday was trying to build a nest! LOL! It was a very funny sight!
I drove to Wellington for a work related workshop, met up with Traci for lunch and then drove back to work.
I had a lovely day.

Some of my strawberry plants have been looking really nice. Most of the plants now have flowers, which means strawberries. I planted many of the excess plants into black planter bags. I bundled them into this red container and took them to work and sold them all! I was really excited, so hopefully I can eventually sell the rest.
I received this lovely postcard from Debbi in Australia recently. We held a swap, Debbi set the topic for this one, recycling. It was real interesting to see how different our cards were. This is Debbi's. She has used recycled tyvek envelope, chiffon and satin and lots of sequins. (I love the colours)
My card was made of recycled newspaper, magazine, lolly wrapers, plant labels, bar codes and a stamp, all collaged together. The binding was done in Mintee wrapers. Actually when I look at it, it could easily be a collection the cats dragged in! LOL! (Thanks Debbi for sending me a pic of my card, I had a wee moment and forgot to take a pic!) Lots of fun!
Well it is a long weekend here in NZ. And yep, you probably guessed it, more rain predicted, 2 days of it. I plan to spend 2 days in my sewing room.

I hope you are all well, and you all have a fantastic weekend!
Carole ;D

2 comments:

Joanie Hoffman said...

Happy Birthday a little bit late!
I'm glad to read that you had a great day, especially after the nesting episode!
Best,
Joanie

Debbi Baker said...

Happy happy (belated) birthday Carole! Sounds like you had a great day even if it was a bit of an early start.

PS Your cherry blossoms look so beautiful.

PPS I'll send a scan of your postcard - I love it!