Saturday, October 24, 2009

Many thanks, .. oh, and a new quilt!

Well first off, thanks for your comments on how I should go about lining my new old hat case. Some times it pays to ask around lol, as there is always someone else who has 'been there, done that'! Nathalie, I think I will take your advice and do some padding, I have some lovely fabrics and laces etc to help in that dept. I will keep you posted on progress...


Meanwhile, here is my newest quilt out of my sewing room for my etsy store!
I tried to do something a little different from the florals for a change, and I think it looks fresh, and crisp and quite vibrant. I've used all the scraps up on making a nice reverse-side to the quilt and with the binding.
It measures 51 1/2" x 62", so a nice size to snuggle up on the sofa with, cover a table with, throw over a chair etc...
I actually think it might make a nice chrissy present too!!




Now to plan the next project!!!
Carole :}

6 comments:

Pallas said...

Happy Birthday Carole. I love the color combination of this quilt. Your work is beautiful. I saw a decorated room in a magazine just this morning with this color combination, and thought about how lovely it was.

Ali Honey said...

Tha's a beauty Carole.
Belated Happy Birthday Greetings.

What are you going to use the hat box for? Decoration or to use or store things in? The reason I'm being noisy is I have one of those in my cupboard...doing nothing.... I'll watch with interest.

Deb said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Carole. Hope you had a wonderful day. I love your quilt, as you say it does look extremely crisp and fresh, really lovely

Debrina said...

Oh, happy belated birthday, Carole! How did I miss that posting? Duh! It looks like your day was just fab!

Oooh and another quilt for Etsy! Yay! Your work is just so immpeccable!

Jen xo said...

oh its beautiful Carole, love blues and browns together....

Margaret said...

you know I'm one of your 'flowery' fans but this is also fab, I love the blue brown combo, it works really well!