Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sometimes I could just darn hug the mail lady!!


Yep, I could drag her out of her Rural Mail Delivery van and give her a great big hug when she pulls up and slides a padded brown bubble envelope into our large green mail box!!

I have, over the last couple of days received some incredible packages! Some I knew were coming but had forgotten about them, one I thought was lost in the postal black hole of never-to-be- found again packages, and others that were total surprises!

It has been a couple of few days where my little fingers have been unsteady with excitement!

This was one of those packages.....

Do you remember not long ago, I met with Kathy from Salt Lake City, she happened to be in New Zealand to attend a conference and we got to meet for a brief period of time? Well we decided that we should do a swap, (Kathy doesn't have a blog yet), so we decided to do a small swap with a bird theme.......and it has just arrived!

A little gift card with lovely words on the back......


And here is the 1st of 3 cards Kathy has made for me......



Here is the 2nd.......


And here is the 3rd.......
Totally gorgeous! Kathy has used alcohol inks to make the background sky, they are soooo perfect! I adore the birds on the wire!


But Kathy had also added a couple of extra wee gifts, some fat quarters of pretty fabrics which I will be able to use on a future project! I was very impressed.......


But then I discovered a set of Tim Holtz stamps! I nearly died! These will get lots of use!



What I couldn't believe was that Kathy had only met me in person for an hour or so, and yet she sent me these lovely gifts, that were just perfect? How did she know exactly what to get me?

I think it is amazing how we make art friends through the internet and that we all seem to have a special bond, a common link, mutual likes, understanding and acceptance.

I think I have some amazing friends.

More mail deliveries soon.....
Carole :D

5 comments:

Margaret said...

now where exactly is this mailbox of yours??!!! divine post!

KatieScarlett said...

Wow! I love seeing those pictures :).

I'm going to be waiting to see posts where those Tim stamps have been used!

Thanks for sharing these - now whenever I want to refer back to them for inspiration, I'll just check your blog!

I'm sitting in the Seattle airport right now - blog surfing is a great way to kill time in the airport, that's for sure.

Have a beautiful day - Kathy

Debrina said...

Wow Carole - you just know how to keep the blog postings up! You are screes ahead of me in the postings lark. Goodness, I think you are so BLOOMIN lucky with those absolutely gorgeous ATCs. What talented women you are!!!

Eliza said...

Lovely cards and lucky you.

Unknown said...

The cards look great... so nice to know that my 'tute' on http://2cre8art.blogspot.com is spreading across the globe as they aren't Katie's original design but one I put up on our blog. Images included. (The transparencies are images I created in Photoshop)

They are still available on the blog if anyone else wants to snaffle them.