Friday, February 5, 2010

busy as a bee...


This is what I've been working on the last few days. It is the quilt that was intended for Mr M&M's birthday way back in Nov. I have been sewing the last sashings and then it was the bindings.

One thing I've discovered while making the last few large quilts, is that to avoid all the rolled up bulk under your sewing machine when you are quilting, it can help to turn your machine around and work with it facing you end on, or slightly at an angle. Might feel a wee bit odd, but it's so much easier.


Finished picture coming soon.....

Carole :)

9 comments:

LittleRed said...

What a great idea....I would never have thought of that. I have not done very much machine quilting....it intimidates me. I keep meaning to start with something small.....one of theses days:)

LittleRed said...

OOOOO just did a close up on that rainbow thread......that's beautiful....OK I'll be quiet now:)

Linda Jo said...

hmmmmm.....good idea...... I'll remember that... in case I EVER make another large quilt....that blessed t-shirt quilt is haunting me...

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea, would never have thought to do that, you are so clever. Love the varigated thread. Jenni

Debrina said...

Ah ha!!! I was asking about this amazing techno-coloured quilt in your last posting...now I know what it's getting up to...I feel content. Lol.

Doreen G said...

Top of the class Miss Carole--what a great idea.

Jen xo said...

oh wow i have never seen that, great idea Miss Carole!!!
What kind of variegated thread do you use, mine keep snapping? xxxjen

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fabrics, Carole! Here I was going to comment on your varigated thread, but EVERYONE has beat me to it! Looks quite stout to be run through a machine. And if Jen's is snapping, then you must have a special knack at using it (or a large eyed needle!)

Ayala Levinger said...

Brilliant idea! I will give it a try when quilting the baby blanket I am making now!
Thank you!!