Saturday, February 20, 2010

my latest needle keeper

photo courtesy of Nathalie


Nathalie asked me to make her a needle keeper. "No probs" I said. She said she was sending me some things, bits of ribbon and buttons etc... to use. "Fine", I replied.

Her envelope arrived full of vintage buttons, YAY!, but it also contained black STUFF, and PURPLE stuff and bright RED stuff!! I swallowed hard, it was a magpie's delight! Oh my, colours I probably would never use in 100 years!

What was it Tim Gunn said?? Oh that's right, "MAKE IT WORK".

Right. I will.

Above is the result. If you would like to see more of it, hop over to Nathalie's blog and see some more details. Lets know what you all think!

Oh, and that darling wee stitchery on the front was hand-worked by Linda. Very clever.

Carole :D

10 comments:

Jen xo said...

...and make it work you did, i absolutely adore it!!

i love how you cut around the black tulle ....lucky natalie!!!

roseroomnz.com said...

that is lovely! Carole, in answer to your question I have just started a Bachelor of Education, want to teach primary! Rachaelxo

Linda Jo said...

You are a creative genius!

Gabriela said...

Just beautiful!!!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

you are making this magpie drool!
You created a wonderful heART keeper Carole!!!
oxo

Unknown said...

You pulled it off with flare! One would never guess that purple, black and red are NOT your fave colors!

Unknown said...

I love it and what a fun bunch of stuff to use!!!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I came and visited the other day but my connection played up before I could comment. I like your quilt above...and I love your needle cases! I don't know why I didn't think of making one before, I am always loosing needles!

Great to see another NZ'rs blog!

Laura Kay said...

What a gorgeous needle case you created! I just love it!!!!

carole brungar said...

Thanks Laura! (can't email you as I don't have a contact on your blog)
xcarole