Friday, February 12, 2010

Pull up a chair, grab your coffee and cake....read on



As those of you who know me, know that I will be, in 4 months time, finished my university studies and will hold a Bachelor of Communication. But many of you will not know that I also have a background rich in photography, art, journalism and teaching.

I am, I guess like 100's of you out there who would love to earn a living from their art, but with the day nearing that will see an end of my studies, and no job guaranteed, I have spent considerable time thinking about my options. You might say, which roads I shall travel. lol


After much encouragement from family and friends I have made a decision.


The more I think about it, the more obvious and logical it seems.






I am Opening My Door.




And I am encouraging you to open yours.








I have decided to focus on combining my skills in order to be able to offer to teach
you classes in mixed media art.








I am happy to travel anywhere you would like classes taught, and if there is enough interest, I will consider teaching on-line classes.




Personally I believe that students have the most fun, and learn the most from a physical hands-on class. Nothing beats the friendships made and the learning that takes place. Not only does the student learn from the tutor, but from each others interpretation of ideas. There is nothing more stimulating than a group of inspired, creative people, working together.








In the near future I will introduce you to my very own website, and over the next few months I hope to add different classes to the list.





"Open Your Door"

A 2 day class
Tutor: Carole Brungar


in which I will encourage and guide you in your journey to unlock your inner door and create a journal in which you can base your inspiration, record memories, create goals or just to give as a special gift. A mix of paper, card and fabric.

At the completion of the workshop each person will have a completed piece of art totally unique to them.




Please contact me via the email link on the side if you want more details.

Carole :D

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I am speechless and the verification word is giving me nothing either. hahaha!

GOOD FOR YOU! I am very excited for you and envy your cliff jumping attitude! :D

Vista Gal said...

I would love to know more about the class. I would need to know the date as I am out of town from Feb. 25- march 13.
Huggs!!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Well that IS VERY exciting indeed Carole!!!

You have been very busy, haven't you!

Lovely sample to entice everyone!!

In the little that I have had the opportunity to teach, I also found how much the teacher learns from students creativity and different approaches!

All the best to you in your new endeavor! You GO GIRL!!!!

Does this mean you might be coming to the states!!!
oxo

jacaranda said...

Wow!! that is great Carole, pity I don't live in NZ. I am so proud of you, give it all you have and Congratulations. Cheers Jenni

Annie said...

What a great idea Carole!
Very exciting and wishing you all the very best on your new endeavor.

Wish you were closer as we would be first on your list.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oh Carol - sometimes you just have to trust your instincts and go for it!! Well done, and hopefully we will have you down here - teach me (and the locals) a thing or two!! In the meantime if you had an online class or two, now....

I think that your work is absolutely stunning, and I am blown away at times with your creativity

Scrappy Raven said...

Excellent decision. You are so talented and you have to do what your good at.

Mari said...

Уважаемая Кэрол!
Я с большим воссторгом рассматриваю Ваши работы и многому учусь у Вас!
Просто замечательно, что Вы можете передать свой опыт другим! Очень жаль, что я живу в другой стране и не могу у Вас поучиться...
Буду и дальше с удовольствием следить за Вашим творчеством! Огромное спасибо!!!

carole brungar said...

This is a rough translation of Mari's comment :)


Respected by Carol!
I with large [vosstorgom] examine your works and I learn much in you!
It is simply noticeable that you can transmit your experience to others! It is very it's a pity, that I live in other country and cannot in you learn…
I will and further with the pleasure follow your creation! Enormous thanks!!!

Doreen G said...

You go girl and shake the world with your talents.
I would love to do a class with you but seeing as that is not an option I would settle for an online class as the next best thing.
Congratulations on your decision and the world is your oyster my friend.

By Hoki Quilts said...

good on you, people can have all the degrees they like but real talent is something hard to find and even harder to utilise and bring in the money. You have the talent , go for it, I wish you all the very best and one day hope to get you down here to teach.
hugs
Miche'le
p.s. the chocolate was yummeeee

roseroomnz.com said...

well done and congratulations Carole! online tutorials are very good - visit Pretty Petals if you don't already, she holds very sucessful workshops! Rachaelxo

Pallas said...

Congratulations on your decision. Your work is lovely, and we would be fortunate to learn from you.

How wonderful it would be to take your class. However, since I am too far away to take a class in person, an online class would be the choice. Seeing your detailed blog pictures lets me know that an online class would be informative.

Debrina said...

Carole - I'm so glad you've made such a neat decision. It makes sense, doesn't it? I hope you manage to do a lot of travel to boot, too! Well, if you need an instructor buddy for the weekend, you know where I am. Lol!

BadPenny said...

this is exciting - please sign me up for internet classes - would adore to come to NZ but not enough pennies !

Margaret said...

wow! Carole, you go girl!! fab idea!! I can't wait to see what you set up on the other site! Mx

Julie said...

Exciting times for you Carole. I wish you the greatest success with your new ventures. xx

Joan - South Island, New Zealand. said...

Congratulations on your new venture. I wish you well and every success. Would love to participate in a live class. In the meantime good on you!
Cheers, Joan.

Phyllis said...

Hi Carole,

Your work is gorgeous!

I've been scanning through older posts and love the quilt you pictured on December 18th. Is there a pattern for that or is it your own beautiful creation?

Jen xo said...

WoW Carole, what an exciting adventure for you, i love your samples and look forward to seeing what online classes you offer...wtg jenxo

Bunty said...

Sounds fabulous - just up my street! Looking forward to further details.

Barbara

Linda Jo said...

Did I never leave a comment? I just emailed you? Anyway.....so this is still exciting..... I want to do an online class. I can't come there right now. Can you come here?

Linda Jo said...

Did I never leave a comment? I just emailed you? Anyway.....so this is still exciting..... I want to do an online class. I can't come there right now. Can you come here?

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I guess I was waiting for more info on line ... please send me the dets (details) for your on line class ;)
oxo

Christine said...

Carole as I have said "you have talent" so all the best and go do it,and enjoy what you love doing! I will join in a class later.
Christine C.

LP Vintage said...

Online Class - Yes, Please!

I just found your blog today and love your work!

I'm in Canada and can't make it to your other class.

Lotus said...

I would love to take a class from you! I hope you will seriously consider doing an online class, cuz those are the only kind I am able to take. My job is crazy (I drive a city bus) and I could never take time off to go somewhere.
Thanks for considering it, because your work is wonderful!
Lotus