Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Next one finished


My McKenna Ryan quilt is as good as finished now as well. I just need to sew a few wooden beads to join the wee bird houses together. I know I've got some here somewhere, just have to ferret them out.

This quilt was started 3 years ago, and is entirely made from appliqued pieces. The top middle block with the cottage used well in excess of 300 different appliqued pieces alone. It will be the last Large quilt of McKenna Ryan's I make, I think I would only ever make a single block and frame that with sashings, from now on.

I'm pleased to see it finished, it was time to move on! :D

Carole

14 comments:

Dotti said...

What a spectacular job! I have seen her quilts and simply because of the amount of pieces I would not even think about tackling such a project!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I think it makes it even more special that you got to meet her. Cheers Jenni S

Jennifer said...

It's a gorgeous quilt, but I can see why you're pleased to have it finished!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Flipping heck Carole, you are a machine and the quilt is just gorgeous, well done.
hugs
Miche'le

loulee said...

It looks amazing. Great finish.

Vintage Knit Crochet said...

Three years ! That in itself is a very large, creative journey. The piece is absolutely lovely and is bound to be treasured for generations.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

you are sewing up a storm aren't you!
gorgeous cheery quilt Ms Carole!!!
oxo

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

That is such a beautiful quilt, but such a lot of work, well done!

Pallas said...

Oh, what a beautiful quilt you have made. And, what a lot of work it must have been. You are very talented indeed! I'd love to be able to see it in person.

LittleRed said...

WOW:)

Annika said...

OMG that´s beautiful! I´m so impressed with you patient to applique that much!

Unknown said...

Carole that is so beautiful !

Linda Jo said...

That is incredible!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW! What an amazing quilt! And getting it done in 3 years is pretty good. Me, I'd have one block done and the rest left as good intentions for "someday". :)

verification word, "ghter"-
as in, the end of laughter. Could be the end of daughter too, also lighter, brighter, all-nighter... haha. Nothing like a brain teaser as a bonus to a post!