Monday, July 28, 2008

LOOK at THESE!

I nipped down the road to buy some milk and mail Debbi's ATC and these were on the counter! Just look at the colours! Anyone who knows me, knows how much I like sweets/candy/lollies! (even more than chocolate!) But I had to buy these just because the colours were so bright, goodness knows what they actually taste like!I made some clay tiles today, you saw the one I used on the ATC yesterday. I thought it worked well, so I need more. The only problem now is that I've run out of Hearty, the air dry clay I use, and no one seems to have it in stock at the moment! I like using hearty as it feels nice when it is dry, and it is easy to get a needle through if you want to sew it to something.
I also spent some time sewing 1 1/2 inch squares together into long lengths and ironing all their seams open. These will be used in the sashings for our charity quilt Dawn and I are making. She didn't want to do this job, so seeing I'm on holiday I told her I'd do it. There were millions of them!!
Gotta say hi to the following people:
Anna: I love alphabet stamps! I have 4 sets that I use all the time, but I always think I've never got the right looking letter for the project I'm working on!
Tania: Thanks for dropping by, it was nice to meet you!
Godelieve: We have 6 sheep here, so I thought the sheep was cute, pleased you found the answer to the noise!
Margaret: I haven't seen that book, perhaps I better check it out. Thanks for the link you sent too. Did you buy a heat gun? Are you able to buy art supplies easily in Switzerland?
Michi: Thanks for the advice on the Adironack stamp pads. I have bought my first 4 colours, all earthtones. I feel liberated now, I can put my black stz on aside and use other some other colours!

Must off, Have a great day!
Carole

2 comments:

Megan Coyle said...

Thank you for your kind words! I'm really digging the colorful squares you sewed together and I look forward to seeing the quilt once it's finished.

Editor said...

I have some clay lying around here as well, not the one that fabric artists normally use. But I think I will try to see if I can get it sewn as well. In Holland here it is not easy to get all the stuff that Americain crafters can get.
Thanks for the idea!

Jacqueline