Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lots of ATC's today!

What exciting mail! I received a letter from Debbi, it looked way too interesting even to open! Don't you just love the tissue! (doesn't it have lots of potential!!)Inside were 2 ATC's. I love the colours, the pink one seems to have a felted background and the brown one seems to have a stamped back ground with beads and stitching. It also has 2 layers which is neat. Thanks so much Debbi! I love them to bits!

Last night I decided to make some ATC's. Darkroom door in Australia is running a swap. You can make ATC's or cards to swap, but you must use their stamps somewhere in the project. I have bought 4 stamps off Rachel, so thought I'd join in.
First I spent ages colouring some fabric with neocolours (water colour crayons), painting them with water and tweaking the colours and heat setting them.
Then I ink a sheet of glossy card with alcohol inks and stamped it with the Flower Filmstrip.
Then I cut our the individual flowers and glued them to one of the Darkroom door's cardboard filmstrips. Which I then attached to the fabric with brads, sewed some wool round the outside. Then I didn't like it!
I flipped it over and attached the stamped image to the other side and really liked that! It seems more simple for some reason, so made 10 of those.
Now I'm wondering if I've used enough of the Darkroom door's stamps? I hope they are ok!

Have to say hi to the following girls who visited and left comments:
Gwyneth- Thankyou for your lovely comments re the ATC. The background is handmade fabric, kind of a collage of fabric, wool, threads and all sewn together using dissolvable plastic. When it was all stitched, I rinsed it to get rid of the plastic.
Megan- Thanks for dropping by. The quilt is pictured back a few posts, it is all made from scraps. Oh, and I meant what I said about your work!!
Hope you are all well,
cheers,
Carole

2 comments:

Lori Z. said...

Hi, Carole. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Nona is my biggest art cheerleader!

LOVE these ATCs. And those stamps are great ones. I'll bet you get awesome cards in the swap.

Lori in Ojai, CA

Editor said...

Oh, I do love the coloured version though! So much texture.

Jacqueline