Monday, August 25, 2008

Is anyone interested in playing with me?

I have decided to be adventurous!
Who would like to join in the fun??
I am going to run a swap from the pages of my blog......like to hear more?


Well...
It's make art time!!



"Something old, something new,
something borrowed, something blue!"


Make a piece of art, anything, the choice is yours as to what it resembles, and it can be made of any medium, fabric, paper, collage, painted, felted, quilted... It could be a postcard, it could be an ATC, it could be a quilt journal, it could even be a piece of handmade jewellery or an altered tin, depends totally on your imagination!
Size - any size but no larger than 6 inches by 6 inches. Remember, these are going to travel the world!

BUT... REMEMBER it must include something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!

All the pieces of art need to be mailed to me by the end of Sept, and I will in turn, at the end of Sept, mail them out to another artist who is participating.
For those of you overseas, (not in New Zealand) please include some extra art supplies (fibres, ephemera, charms etc...) in place of the postage. For those in New Zealand who would like to play, please include $5.00 to cover packaging and postage.
If you'd like to join in, email me at: carole.brungar@xtra.co.nz
Any questions please ask!


Spread the word, tell your friends,
Let's see who's adventurous too!
Let's see who borrowed what, and never gave it back!!
LOL!
Let the fun begin!

Carole

5 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

You temptress you! This sounds like a fantastic swap, mind you, I am flying away on vacation tomorrow and have no business surfing much less signing up for wonderful swaps....well at least until I get back home next month ;) I will be "thinking" about your super swap idea while I'm away!

Margaret said...

Cool idea Carole, you're on! Can I count a copy of a borrowed photo??
Cheers
Margaret

Dotti said...

Ditto on a good idea...except for the something borrowed. If we borrow something for this project, how can we return it...if it is on a project you will be giving to someone else???? Hmmmmmm. Maybe something scavanged would work a little better! Hugs, Dotti

Nona said...

Brilliant! I wanna play!

Cheers
Nona

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Sure Carole - count me in! I'm a bit nervous though because I have never participated in a swap before. But seeing the key word here is "Adventurous" I will be! Looking forward to that RAK feeling of giving someone some artwork to do absolutely anything they please with. I love artists who give freely with no hangups about their art being precious.